Dr.S.Sajikumar hails from a family of traditional Ayurveda Vaidyans in Travancore and is the custodian of curative secrets and authentic herbal medicinal preparations that have been passed on from one generation to the other. His grandfather Kumaran Vaidyar was the influence and inspiration behind Sajikumar taking up medicine even though he had got admission into the engineering stream soon after his Pre-Degree.
Dr.Sajikumar’s passion for his homeland, its people and Ayurveda encouraged him to establish Warrier’s Hospital & Panchakarma Centre – an Ayurvedic Hospital that offers pure Ayurvedic curative remedies for overall well-being.
Birth of a Brand
Dr. Sajikumar’s hunger for knowledge and pursuit for excellence led to a full-fledged R&D centre devoted to continuous research in creating products that were effective and affordable. The first brand to be launched was Dhathri Hair Care Oil which became a runaway success from the time it hit the market. The trust reposed in the brand by people paved way to even more research and Dhathri ventured into skin care and later abs clinic for beauty, slimming and for combating lifestyle disorders. Today, Dhathri has a range of products and services that cater to different needs of different people.
Dhathri Group Dhathri is founded on a three-century-old tradition of Ayurveda Heritage. The pioneering efforts of the forefathers of Dhathri group who had diligently followed the ancient ayurvedic scripts and formulated the therapeutic practices for posterity are now being recognized by millions across the globe. The Dhathri group offers a large bouquet of branded products and services aimed at health and well-being for all. Today, as an Industry leader, its products and services are enjoyed by millions across the world.
Dhathri is an ISO 9001-2008 and Halal certified company and its products are AYUSH Mark and GMP certified. It is having a state of art R&D facility speculating on divisions for classical and patented medicines, food and FMCG products. It is having a facility for Raw Herb, extract and finished product standardization.
Dhathri houses branded consumer goods like Dhathri Hair care herbal oil, Dhathri fairness facepack, Dheedhi Shampoo etc and have evolved into a household name in the Ayurveda segment in a short span of 7 years. Dhathri, with its range of more than 490 ayurveda products (Classical medicines, Patented medicines, FMCG products & Soukyam Food Products) and has won the trust of millions across the world. The products are prepared under stringent quality control and the ingredients sourced from traditional herbal gardens and untouched mountain ranges.
The Dhathri Group has taken a big ticket entry into the services stream with the Warriers Hospital and Pachakarma Center, Dhathri Ayurkendras, abS clinics (Ayurveda, beauty and Slimming). These service initiatives offer a 360 degree wellness solution to the lifestyle induced diseases which is growing at an alarming pace.
• Chairman and Managing Director: Dhathri Ayurveda (P) Ltd
• Director, CARe Keralam Limited
• Managing Partner: Warrier’s Hospital & Panchakarma Centre
• Managing Trustee: Dhathri Ayurveda Foundation
• Director: Dharmik Media & Advertising Pvt.Ltd.
Professional degree in Ayurveda (BAMS) from Trivandrum Govt. Ayurveda College. Sheer inquisitiveness to learn more about other curative segments prompted him to study Acupuncture, Yoga and Reiki as well.
Awards & Recognitions
• Recipient of Best Doctor (Yuva Prathibha) Award from Govt. of Kerala.
• Best Entrepreneur Award from Govt. of Kerala.
• Recipient of coveted Chikitsa Ratna Award for excellence in Ayurvedic curative services.
• Excellence in Ayurveda Treatment & Research Award from Times of India group.
• Excellence in innovation in health care from Times of India group.
• Best Entrepreneur award from S.B College school of Management Studies.
• Vocational Excellence Award from Rotary Club Alappuzha.
• Recipient of the Young achievers award from Jaycees
• Winner of SME Award from Govt. of Kerala
Memberships in Professional Associations:
• Regional Secretary (South India), Ayurveda Drug Manufacturers’ Association (ADMA)
• Member of Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) State Council
• Convener, Friends of Ayurveda
• Ayurveda Hospital Management Association.
• Indian Chamber of Commerce
• Ayurveda Medical Association of India
• Kerala Management Association
• Papers on Clinical Case Studies on Cervical Spondylitis, Low Back Pain, Osteo Arthritis, Life Style Disorders, Diabetes, obesity to various Doctor’s Forums and Public Forums.
• Paper on Life Style Disorders at Arab Expo – International Conference & Expo of Health & Naturals.
• Paper on Growth of Ayurveda in Global Ayurveda Summit organized by Confederation of Indian industries at Kochi.Presented the “GROW” concept for revival of ayurveda industry.
• Paper on Integration of Ayurveda & other Systems of medicines at a seminar organized by Confederation of Indian Industries at Indian Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
Innovations in Business
• Establishing of an Ayurvedic Hospital named Warrier’s Hospital in Kayamkulam and making it successful within a short span.
• Runaway success of brand “Dhathri” and flagship product Dhathri Hair care Oil.
• Successful introduction of Dhathri Ayurveda Kendras in many parts of Kerala offering O.P and I.P treatments across Kerala.
• Making Dhathri products successful in Middle East, Australia, Japan, Maldives to name a few.
• Introduced the novel concept of “Dhathri abS Clinics” coupling Ayurveda, Beauty and Slimming treatments under one roof with centres fast introduced in different parts of Kerala.
• New Initiatives:
o Saukhyaveda – aimed at curing lifestyle disorders with a global perspective.
o Soukhyaveda Prakruti Balancing Programme in Dhathri Hospitals, Clinics and abS Clinics –To understand and balance the Prakruti (Tridoshas – Vata, Pitha & Kapha) of individuals through Ahara, Vihara, Ouchadha and Kriya.
Dr.Sajikumar is very particular that all his products and services should be aimed at enhancing the quality of human life.
To make Dhathri a global ayurvedic conglomerate.
Research & Development and innovation.
CSR initiated by Dr.S.Sajikumar
Corporate social responsibility is something Dr.Sajikumar always insists upon. Some of the activities done under his leadership were-
• Routine Free medical camps all over Kerala.
• Implementing projects on Healthy Life Style through Ayurveda in both urban and rural areas.
• During the onslaught of Chickun Guniya, Dhathri manufactured and supplied the herbal powder for mosquito eradication namely “Aparachithachoornam” totally free of cost to several Panchayats in Alapuzha District.
• Doctor regularly gives free discourse to school children on career building, self motivation, positive thinking, and entrepreneurship. In fact he is one of the most sought after persons in schools like Chinmaya and many other schools for such motivational talks aiming at building young entrepreneurs.
• To prevent malnutrition, supplied Nutritional Food to Tribals of Attappady